Calling all chefs! Enter your famous (or yet to be famous) BBQ sauce in the B4 BBQ Sauce Competition! Winner gets a B4 Derby Olympics Barrel Head Award and serious bragging rights.
To enter you must:
- Be part of a professional kitchen establishment
- Pre-registration is required and costs $10.00 per entry
- Contestants must provide 1 pint of sauce
- All sauce must be freshly cooked for the event
- Entries must be turned in between 1:00-1:30 pm on Tuesday April 29th, 2013
Entries for the B4 Derby Olympics BBQ Sauce Competition will be scored based on Appearance, Texture, and Taste. Scores will range from 9-2 with 9 being the highest. A score of 1 is for disqualification only. Upon registration, a numbered carton will be issued for each entry to be judged. Judging will occur at 2pm and will be handled by local chefs and food connoisseurs.
Each entry will be judged on its own merit; judges will not rank entries, therefore two or more teams may get the same score from the same judge. In the case of a tie, the winner will be determined by the highest score in the "Taste " category; if a ties still exists, judges will determine a winner.
Click HERE to sign-up now!